Hobby Farm with great home and outbuildings
Schedule a Showing
To request a showing, give us a call or fill out the form below. 1.888.238.SOLD or office 250.717.2214
Country/Urban living at its best with pastoral views just minutes to schools, shopping, golf, wineries and the south slopes.
This hobby farm property was chosen by the current owner because of the location and the peaceful quietness of the area.
The custom designed home features spacious rooms volume ceilings. Principal living areas are bright and cheery because of the abundance of windows. The maple kitchen and dining areas overlook the property with flowerbeds and gardens. In addition, there is an expansive sundeck for you to enjoy in the shade of your corkscrew willow. The generous 5 piece master suite with a steam shower is on the main floor with views to the east. The great room boasts of large sitting area adjacent to a gaming area around the double faced fireplace.
There’s a full main floor laundry as well as a 2nd floor full laundry with a sink and a window! Two washer and dryer sets are included! The upper floor loft overlooks the great room below. Notably, the other three bedrooms upstairs all have access to ensuites as the home was opened as a B&B. Ideal for guests and the growing family alike.
Ideal hobby farm with clean fields and outbuildings
The property is currently used as a hobby farm and offers clean fields with gardens, some paddocks, a small barn and more. Even the chickens love it here in their shelter with a water hydrant along with feed storage with pens and fenced outdoor area on each side. A large shop plus additional out buildings for equipment storage or other uses are found here as well.
Important property features:
* 14.06 acres crossed by Hache and Priest Creeks
* Fence in page wire (entire perimeter) and some cross fencing
* 2 acre area separately fenced with water hydrant
* 10.01 acres Grade A water rights (7,338,952 US gallons of water)
* Front 5 acres watered by 12 zoned time clock using 11 zones
* Overhead sprinklers and some drip irrigation
* 5 acres currently under cultivation in cover crop: Asparagus, haskaps, blueberries, raspberries, other berry crops.
* Other areas in elderberries
* Variety of single fruit trees: Cherry, peach, pear, plum apple
* Soil is sandy loam
Shops and outbuildings:
* Workshop: 1200 sq ft with high ceiling, 200 amp power
* Store processing facility: 1500 sq ft with 10′ ceilings including a 300 sq ft storefront
* Green house with power
* 2 stall barn
* Chicken house with water and power
* Equipment shed at bottom of property
* Large storage trailer
This is a great opportunity for the farmer (or farmer at heart) or entrepreneur! Bring your ideas! And if all you want is a quiet and serene place to call home, this is truly a great opportunity!
- MLS Number
- Property Type
- Acreage - Hobby Farm with Home
- Central Okanagan
- Year Built
- Property Taxes
- In ALR
- Water Supply
- Irrigation District
- Zone Code
- A1 ALR
- Lot Size
- Storeys / Type
- 2 Story
- Floor Area
- 3585 sqft
- Full Baths
- Half Baths
- 2 Full Laundry Rooms
- Central Air Conditioning
- Heat Pump
- 1 Wood
- 6 Covered spaced in total
- Exterior Features
- Detached Shop
- Golf Nearby
- Near hiking and riding trails
- No Thru Road
- Park(s) Nearby
- Quiet Area
- Volume Ceilings
LOVE THIS HOME?
Contact Dave and Jason today
to schedule a showing.